Leona is an experienced attorney and compliance consultant who helps small and mid-size companies tackle compliance. She loves to dig into a challenge in order to help organizations grow. Leona not only knows the law, but she has been responsible for implementation of the programs that she designed in-house. The depth of her experience brings unique value to clients looking for an affordable mechanism to meet challenging compliance demands. Her over two decade career as an attorney spans compliance in areas such as: retail, loyalty programs, contract manufacturing, environmental, and financial services compliance.
- Legal risk areas of financial services, environmental, product safety, recalls, advertising, labelling, consumer loyalty programs
- Governance Strategy
Compliance Risk Assessments & Process Documentation
- Policy & Procedures
- Corrective Action Plan Management
- Led design and implementation of the product safety recall program for a Fortune 100 retailer across 17 separate operational teams.
- Led regulatory compliance effort for private label brand electronics program enabling that business to grow and quadruple in revenue.
- Created communication plan and documentation for policy and procedure overhaul for an international wholesale division of a Fortune 50 bank.
- Established internal communication program for product regulatory compliance risks, ensuring risks issues were properly escalated to the Board of Directors.
- Created legal support role for environmental compliance for largest electronics in-store recycling program in North America.
- Led compliance for customer loyalty program enabling growth of the program to tens of millions of members.
- Established industry effort with the Retail Industry Leaders Association on new SEC disclosure rule known as the “Conflict Minerals” rule.
Leona received her law degree from the University of Illinois College of Law in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, and her B.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.